Terms & Conditions
Ownership and control
This Site is owned and operated by the City, and the City may modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use and availability of any portion of this Site at any time, without notice or liability to you. Your use of this Site may be monitored by the City and used for internal City purposes (subject to the “Privacy” terms and conditions above) without liability to you, as provided for by law.
The material posted on the Site is not an official statement of City policy, practice, services or procedure, and should not be construed as such. It is intended only to provide immediate and convenient access to information and so, while efforts are made to provide accuracy and currency, the City cannot and does not guarantee that the information posted is always accurate or current. The City does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on the Site.
The City makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the fitness of the information for any purpose or to results obtained by individuals using the information, and is not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the information obtained by you or used by you from the Site.
Limited license and restrictions on use
• Modify, copy, screen capture, distribute, forward, transmit, post, display, perform, reproduce, publish, broadcast, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or exploit any reports, data, information, content, software, RSS and podcast feeds, products, services, or other materials on, generated by or obtained from this Site, whether through links or otherwise (collectively, “Materials”);
• Redeliver any page, text, image, or Materials on this Site using “framing” or other technology;
• Engage in any conduct that could damage, disable, or overburden (i) this Site, (ii) any Materials or services provided through this Site, or (iii) any systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site, including without limitation, using devices or software that provide repeated automated access to this Site, other than those made generally available by the City;
• Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts connected or associated with this Site through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means of circumventing any access-limiting, user authentication or security device of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to this Site;
• Modify, copy, obscure, remove, or display the City’s name, logo, trademarks, text, notices, or images without City’s express written permission. To obtain such permission, contact 3-1-1.
• Include the term “City of Vancouver,” any City trademark or the name of any City official, as a meta-tag, hidden textual element, or any other indicator that creates an impression of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement by City of Vancouver.
Links to external sites; references to commercial entities
Links to external websites posted on the City’s website contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of the City. The City does not endorse, approve, certify, or control external websites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficiency, timeliness or correctness of the information located at the sites. Moreover, reference to any partner in the Doors Open Vancouver events, or to any specific commercial company, product, process or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, company name or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the City.
Communications made through this Site or through any modality references or provided via this Site are for convenience only and shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its affiliates or their respective councillors, commissioners, officials, officers, agents, agencies, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action or for any other purpose.
Linking to this Site
You may not link to this Site unless you comply with these linking conditions (“Linking Conditions”). The City now grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to this Site (“Link”), provided you comply at all times with the following conditions:
• The Link must resolve to a valid City page at this Site or to a page to which the City links as an extension of a task on a page, such as a third-party site that provides a service to the City, such as displaying maps, aggregating social media content, or displaying schedules.
• The text of the Link must read “Doors Open Vancouver” You may not use any City of Vancouver logo or graphic, or any other City of Vancouver trademark, as part of the Link without the City’s express written permission; and
• The Link and surrounding context on the linking site must not: (a) falsely represent or misrepresent any relationship between the linking site and the City or any affiliate or partner of the City, including suggestions of affiliation, endorsement, or sponsorship; (b) portray the City or its affiliates or partners, or their products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner; or (c) deliver the Materials in a framed environment or alter the layout, content, look, or feel of the Site.
If you have created a Link that conforms to these Linking Conditions, then you also may include one or more Links to any internal or subsidiary page of this Site that is located one or several levels down from the homepages (known as “deep links”), provided, however, that all such deep links must be in close physical proximity to the Link that conforms to the Linking Conditions. You may not maintain numerous or pervasive Links to this Site.
Data, information, and content
Except where expressly and then only to the extent otherwise stated, the materials on this Site are for information, education, and non-commercial purposes only. You alone will bear the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any Materials on this Site or your response to any invitation to any event, before making any decisions based on such Materials. In exchange for using such Materials, you agree not to hold the City or its third-party information providers liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on the Materials made available to you through this Site.
All official marks, trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing on this Site are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
All City graphics, logos, page headers, and service names are official marks, emblems, or trademarks of the City. The City’s official marks, emblems and trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not the City’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among members of the public, or in any manner that disparages or discredits the City. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right in or to any of the City’s official marks, emblems or trademarks.
Because of the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply, with respect to your online conduct, with all laws, rules, codes, and regulations of any jurisdiction to which you are subject and from which you access this Site.
Data and other materials appearing on this Site that are provided by third parties (not all of which may be labeled as such) are believed by the City to be obtained from reliable sources, but the City cannot guarantee and is not responsible for their accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or suitability for use.
Timeliness of content
All content on this Site is presented only as of the date published or indicated, and may be superseded by subsequent events or for other reasons. In addition, you are responsible for setting the cache settings on your browser to ensure you are receiving the most recent data.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CITY OF VANCOUVER AND ITS AFFILIATES AND PARTNERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE COUNCILLORS, COMMISSIONERS, OFFICIALS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CITY GROUP”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING SECURITY, CURRENCY, CORRECTNESS, QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, PERFORMANCE, TIMELINESS, OR CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, WITH RESPECT TO (I) THE SITE; (II) ANY MATERIALS, EVENTS, OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE; (III) USE OF, OR ATTENDANCE AT, THE SITE, MATERIALS, EVENTS, OR SERVICES; AND (IV) THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, OR ATTENDANCE AT, THE SITE, MATERIALS, EVENTS, OR SERVICES.
FURTHER, THE CITY GROUP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY DELAYS OR ERRORS IN THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF ANY MATERIALS, EVENTS, OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BY LAW, THE CITY GROUP HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THE MATERIALS, EVENTS, OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE OR TO SUPPLY CORRECTIONS, REPLACEMENTS, UPDATES, OR RELEASES FOR THE SAME.
Liability and indemnity
ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE ARE DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE CITY GROUP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, INCOME, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, SYSTEMS FAILURE, OR COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, OR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, CAUSED BY THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, MATERIALS OR ANY EVENTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS SITE, EVEN IF THE CITY GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Integration and severability
Applicable law and venue